- 10 oz/300gr boneless, skinless chicken meat (thigh or breast), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup/75 gram corn starch
- 3 slices peeled ginger, finely minced
- non-stick cooking spray.
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 4-5 dried red Chile's, rinsed and deseeded
- 2 stalks scallion, white-part only, cut into small lengths
- 2 1/2 – 3 tablespoons Chinese rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar alternative like Stevia or Splenda
- 1/2 tablespoon Shaoxing Wine
- 1 scant tablespoon corn starch
Marinate the chicken meat with the Shaoxing wine and salt for 15 minutes. Mix all the ingredients for the Sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
Coat the chicken generously with the corn starch. Heat up the cooking spray and fry the chicken until they turn light brown. Dish out with a strainer, draining the excess fat by laying the chicken on a dish lined with paper towels.
Heat up a wok with 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking spray. Add the minced ginger, garlic, and dried chillies into the wok, stir-fry until you smell the spicy aroma of the chillies. Pour the sauce into the wok. When the sauce boils and thickens, add the chicken, stir to combine well with the sauce. Add the scallion and stir a few times, dish out and serve immediately.