A Dukan friendly version of Moussaka, even the kids didn’t mind my diet food and they really don't like Aubergine/eggplant
- 500g/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 large aubergine/eggplants, cut into slices
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- cup of red wine
- 2 tspn dried oregano
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tspn cinnamon
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 100gr/1/2 cup oat bran
- 3 tblspn Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- dash of freshly ground nutmeg
700 ml (3 cups) 0% fat or skim milk
2 tblspn corn starch mixed with 2 tblspn milk
dash of cinnamon & nutmeg
60g /1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Warm oven to 180C/350F
- Make Béchamel sauce by almost bringing the milk to the boil. Add the corn starch, stirring constantly until thick.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, cheese and egg yolks stirring constantly until you have a nice thick sauce Allow to Cool while making the rest
- Sauté onion and beef with some cooking spray and drain.
- Add tomatoes, wine, oregano and simmer for half an hour
- Place aubergine/eggplants on a baking sheet, and grill/broil until lightly browned.
- Add the egg whites,cheese and oat bran to meat sauce and take off heat
- Spray your dish of choice with cooking spray and layer the dish with half of the aubergine/eggplant, all the meat mixture and the rest of the aubergine/eggplants .
- Pour the béchamel sauce over the top and add Parmesan and nutmeg.
- Put in oven and bake in for 1 hour