- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra (I know……)
- 4 skinless chicken filet/breasts
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 shallots chopped2 peeled Garlic Cloves, smashed
- 1 medium aubergine/eggplants chopped.
- handful of thyme sprigs
- handful of rosemary sprigs
- 2 courgette/zucchini chopped
- glass of dry white wine
- 4 good tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped (or 400g/1 14oz can of chopped tomatoes)
- Pre-heat the oven to190C/375F. Heat a large skillet and add smear with a little olive oil
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Brown the chicken for 3 minutes each side and transfer to a plate.
- Add 2 tbsp. olive oil to the pan and add the shallots, garlic, aubergine/eggplants, and a few thyme and rosemary sprigs. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Add the courgette/zucchini and pour in the wine. Reduce down until about half the wine is left. While you’re reducing, put an sprayed roasting pan in the oven to heat up.
- Stir the tomatoes into the vegetables and add to the roasting pan. Place the seared chicken breasts on top and scatter some more herb sprigs on top. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or more if needed until the chicken is cooked through.
- Let the meal sit for about 5 minutes after removing it from the oven and you’re done