- 2 lemongrass
- 4 (kaffir if you can get them) lime leaves ,
- 2 red chillies , deseeded
- 3 garlic cloves
- fingertip-length piece fresh ginger
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 table spoon vegetable oil
- 1 tea spoon chilli powder or ground dry chili
- 50ml Thai fish sauce
- 1 red onion , chopped
- 3 limes (zested and one juiced) (yes lime juice is not allowed officially but what the heck)
- handful each mint , basil and coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Roughly chop the lemongrass, lime leaves, red chillies, garlic and ginger, then throw them all into a processor until everything is very finely chopped together. Mince the chicken breasts into tiny pieces.
- Heat a wok over a high heat spray with cooking spray.
Add mixture and stir-fry briefly before adding the minced chicken and the chilli. Stir-fry the chicken for 4 mins then add the fish sauce. Turn down the heat a little and simmer for another 4 mins, then add the chopped red onion and cook for another min.
- Remove from the heat, pour over the lime zest and juice and toss in the herbs. Serve with salad on a veg and protein day