- Cooking spray (or a drop of olive oil)
- 2 tbsp curry paste (Thai anyone?)
- 1 lemon, juice and grated peel, plus lemon wedges for serving
- 1 pinch salt and milled pepper
- 8 sardines, scaled and gutted
- Mix paste, lemon juice, peel and seasoning together.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick pan over a high heat.
- Rub sardines with a little oil or spray and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Brush fish with marinade, turn and continue to cook.
- Check fish is cooked by pinching the thickest part of the flesh – the skin should pull away easily.
- Serve with lemon wedges